A PDF copy of the revised 2016-2017 Calendar can be download from the following link: 2016-17-weather-revisions-101316
Impact to Calendar from Tropical Storm Julia:
- September 21, 2016—Two-hour delay
- September 22, 2016—No School for Students (Optional Workday). Makeup day September 30 as an Early Release Day.
- September 23, 2016—No School for Students (Optional Workday). Makeup day October 31 as a Full Day.
Impact to Calendar from Hurricane Matthew:
- October 10, 2016—No Day for all employees. Trade January 2 which now becomes a Full Day.
- October 11, 2016—No School for Students and 10-month employees (Optional Workday for 11/12 month employees). Makeup Day November 23 as a Full Day.
- October 12, 2016—No School for Students (Forgive one Student Day and Optional Workday for all employees).
- October 13, 2016—No School for Students (Annual Leave Day for all employees). Makeup day December 19 as a Full Day.
- October 14, 2016—No School for Students (Holiday for all employees). Makeup day December 20 as an Early Release Day.
* December 16 becomes a Full Day so December 20 can be an Early Release Day
These changes allow for the two semesters at the two high schools to contain a similar number of instructional days to keep pacing aligned and to prepare for exams.
Additionally, the above changes hold three optional workdays in second semester to be used as makeup days if needed for inclement weather rather than immediately using Spring Break for makeup days.
With the above changes we continue with 1061 instructional hours for the 2016-2017 school year which is well in excess of the required 1025 hours of instruction mandated by state law.