Camden County provides a quality Beginning Teacher Support Program for teachers during their first three years. Camden is a member the NE Collaborative to Support New Teachers which provides excellent opportunities for professional development. The BTSP Plan is attached to this page as well as the new Teacher Evaluation Booklet, and the new Mentor Guidelines and Rubric.
Mentor – Click here to view new requirements – MENTOR REQUIREMENTS
- NC Mentoring Continuum
- Summary Mentor Rating Form
- Mentor Log
- NC TEACHING STANDARDS
- SAMPLE EVIDENCES FOR EVALUATION RUBRIC
The sample evidences are examples of what you may seen in a classroom and a guide to assist in growth from developing to distinguished. Input was gathered from mentors, TAC members, school improvement teams, and school administrators in Camden County Schools. The purpose is to assist teachers in conducting self assessments and setting goals and to provide mentors and school administrators examples to assist in conducting observations.
- For instructions to register online for license renewal click here – Online License Registration
- Detailed instructions for online registration click here – NCDPI User Guide for License
- New rates for license renewal/name change, etc. click here – License Fee Schedule 1-1-2017
LICENSE RENEWAL INFORMATION/CEUs
- ALL TEACHERS MUST EARN 8.0 CEUs DURING EACH FIVE YEAR RENEWAL CYCLE
- Professional Development must align with the NC Professional Teaching Standards
- K-8 Teachers, including K-8 Support Services Personnel, must have three (3) CEUs in their academic subject area, aligned to Standards 3 or 4; three (3) CEUs addressing Literary, (see literacy requirements below), one (1) CEU in technology and one (1) General CEU during each five-year renewal cycle.
- All Other Educators (9-12 Teachers and 9-12 Support Services Personnel must have 3 CEUs in their academic subject area, aligned to Standards 3 or 4, one (1) CEU in technology and four (4) General CEUs.
- Literacy Requirements for K-8: Section 9.3(c) – G.S. 115C – 296 was amended as follows: “Literacy renewal credits shall include evidence-based assessment, diagnosis, and intervention strategies for students not demonstrating reading proficiency. Oral language, phonemic and phonological awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension shall be addressed in literacy-related activities leading to license renewal for elementary school teachers.” Per Susan Ruiz in the Division of Licensure at DPI, this includes all K-8 teachers. This includes Student Support Services Personnel that serve in a K-8 setting.
- New Requirements for License expiring June 30, 2019 – Two (2) Digital Literacy CEUs will be required for all certified staff whose license is expiring on June 30, 2019 and beyond. NC Digital Learning Competencies for Teacher can be found here: http://dtl.ncdpi.wikispaces.net/DLC and http://dtl.ncdpi.wikispaces.net/home
- Websites for Digital Literacy CEUs – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PSleqDoPHEDQ73mK63gD-BrV7nHaiwEmNS85O0jmwJg/edit?usp=sharing
TYPES OF LICENSE – NEW POLICY FOR RENEWING DURING FIVE-YEAR RENEWAL CYCLE – Click here to view policy: GENERAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
LOOK UP MY CEUs/UID
CEUs are posted in the LINQ System. You can monitor credits by accessing the CEUs link under Employee Profile. This website is the school system’s intranet site and is safe.
If you are missing credits, please send a copy of your CEU certificate to the Personnel Office or contact the workshop coordinator. Rosters for ongoing school system professional development will be turned in at the end of the series of workshops.
Please keep your original CEU Certificate and send Personnel a copy as once it is posted in the LINQ System it is shredded.